In the modern digital age, the demand for mobile app developers is on a high rise. According to a recent report by Statista, the global mobile application market is expected to generate over 935 billion dollars in revenues through paid downloads and in-app advertising by 2023. Hence, learning mobile app development can lead to a promising and lucrative career. A host of institutions globally offer comprehensive courses on mobile development. Here, we present some of the top teaching institutes for mobile development courses.
1. Stanford University: Stanford offers an online course named “Coding Together: Developing Apps for iPhone and iPad (iOS).” The class is led by Professor Paul Hegarty, who emulates the teaching style used in Stanford’s introductory Computer Science class, CS106A. The course focuses primarily on developing applications for iOS using Swift, a powerful and intuitive programming language for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT): MIT’s Open Course Ware offers a course called “Mobile Application Experiences.” This multi-disciplinary course looks at mobile application development from several perspectives: the user experience, the development process, and the business opportunity.
4. Google’s Android Training: Google offers comprehensive training courses on Android app development, providing a deep understanding of the Android ecosystem. The course provides knowledge about creating an Android project with Android Studio, running an app, adding more components, testing an app, etc.
5. Udacity: Udacity’s “Become an Android Developer” nanodegree program, developed in partnership with Google, is designed to equip you with the skills you need to get a job as an Android Developer. This self-paced online course covers various Android concepts such as UI Design, Database Implementation, and Networking.
6. University of California, Irvine: Through Coursera, UCI offers a specialization in iOS app development. The four-course series covers Swift and Objective-C coding, as well as various tools and frameworks you’ll need to design iOS applications.
7. Simplilearn: Simplilearn’s Mobile App Developer training program provides in-depth knowledge in designing, developing, and distributing Android and iOS apps. It covers modern technologies like Ionic, Angular, Redux, Apollo Client 2.0, and Graph API.
In conclusion, the best path to becoming a professional mobile developer depends on your goals, learning style, and career goals. Regardless of the learning path you choose, be sure to practice building and deploying mobile applications to nurturing your application skills. With the numerous resources available, now is an excellent time to start your journey in mobile application development. With these top-tier institutes, you are assured of gaining the required skills and knowledge for a career in mobile app development.